2.28.2012

Fur Sure


Since this is the last week of February & in my mind the last week of winter, I'm dedicating this week to the fabulousness of  Winter Weddings.  Grab some hot chocolate & enjoy this winter wedding celebration at Koru Wedding Style.  Ready, set, let's go!

What is a very important accessory for Winter Brides?  Why, a fur/fake fur stole or jacket of course!


I borrowed this luscious, rich brown fur stole from my sister-in-law & I loved rocking it on our winter wedding day.  It kept me so toasty & warm!  & it looked pretty fabulous in our wedding photos, if I do say so myself.  (Peek at the header to see another photo of me wearing it!)  I was happy & honored to wear something borrowed that was gorgeous, practical & meaningful.  The stole once belonged to my sister-in-law's grandmother.  I hope my niece Janie will wear it one day & as Erin describes its storied history she can include that Tita Katie (Filipino term for Aunt) wore it when she married Ninong Rodney (Filipino term for Godfather).      


Now let's admire other fabulous furs worn by Winter Brides, such as the wintery gray fur that makes a subtle statement on this pretty Bride:




This caramel-colored beauty is absolutely stunning against the snowy scenery:


While the gigantic balloons are pretty cool, winter white fur is the finishing touch of this bridal ensemble:


This Winter Bride looks warm & cozy in her caramel-colored fur stole:


I love me some fur (or fake fur) clad Winter Brides!  Does any other wedding season have an essential accessory that is both beautiful & practical?  

UPDATE: Visit Style Me Pretty AND Style Me Pretty New York today to see two beautiful Winter Brides rocking fur!

Photo 1 Timothy Glenn Photography; Photo 2 Katie Jane Photo via; Photo 3 James Christianson via;
Photo 4 via; Photo 5 FS Photography via

8 comments:

  1. Fur is a must for winter weddings. I love this look and would even like to give it a go for a non-wedding night out on the town.

    PS Hooray for the end of winter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just LOVE a fur stole! This post makes me grin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I so agree with you! This look is gorgeous on a winter bride. You look gorgeous in yours! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. So you wouldn't say you 'stole' it? ;) Hahaha. Okay sorry. I agree, totally a winter bride staple!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Lovely! Your kind comments are most welcome & always appreciated. XOXO

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...