11.15.2012

Wedding Wheels, Dedicated to Fin


I'm feeling a bit nostalgic on the subject of cars today because very early this morning, we watched my husband's flood-damaged car being towed away for good.  I have to admit, I was a little sad to see it go.  I remember the first time my husband, obviously just a guy I was dating back then, picked me up in that car.  Even as I remind myself it's just a car and others lost much more from Hurricane Sandy, I can't shake the lingering touch of sadness.

So today's Wedding Wheels post is dedicated to Fin.  Yes, I name my cars- did you really expect anything less from someone who loves cars?!  While Wedding Wheels celebrates all unique and unusual wedding getaways including cars, boats, bicycles and more, today's post is all cool cars, in honor of Fin.   

I love me a good old yellow cab but I'm digging this retro white taxi:

You can never go wrong with a classic, cherry red Mercedes convertible:


Hello, you incredible Great Gatsby beauty:


 Ah, a hot rod getaway car has the same spunk & spirit as Fin:


An antique blue beauty that oozes 1950's style:


Just as these awesome wedding wheels took these couples to great places on their wedding day, our Fin took us to countless great places.  We'll miss you, Fin buddy!

Photo 1: via; Photo 2: via; Photo 3: via; Photo 4: via; Photo 5: via

16 comments:

  1. Awww sorry to hear about Fin. Cars are like little houses, they hold memories. Love that white taxi shot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm glad you don't think I'm crazy! The white taxi is my favorite :-)

      Delete
  2. I love these! Vintage style cars are such a great addition to a wedding! I really love the white taxi one...it is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I name my cars too, but all with a smashing pumpkins reference.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful tribute. All of these pictures are so beautiful. I love cars too!

    Tracy @ Sunny Days and Starry Nights

    P.S. I'm having a Giveaway for a set of Nail Polishes, a Clutch, and Necklace/Earring Set.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Three cheers for another person who loves cars :-)

      Delete
  5. so sorry your car was ruined! loving these photos though :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ugh, so sorry about the damage to your car. i always name mine too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad I'm not the only one who names my cars!

      Delete
  7. So sorry to hear you lost FIN. Good to know you're doing well and are up and about and inspiring us all with such a great post!

    oxoxox from San Francisco
    Amy
    http://bridechic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw, thanks, Amy- you are too sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Lovely! Your kind comments are most welcome & always appreciated. XOXO

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...