11.13.2012

naked


True story- once or twice or many times, I took a tub of cake frosting & a bag of animal crackers & called it dinner.  Yes, I am a huge fan of cake frosting!  Buttercream frosting, cream cheese frosting, vanilla frosting- you name the frosting, I love it.  Still, unfrosted wedding cakes are really growing on me.  I'm not sure I would want to eat one but the naked wedding cakes sure are pretty!

In the prettiest shades of purple, the mini-ombre cake is just fabulous:
 

The three-tiered cake lets its natural beauty shine through with just a perfect dash of powdered sugar, fruit & daisies:

Red velvet cake is a new love of mine; naturally, I adore an unfrosted one that lets its red roots show proudly:


If you're taking the unfrosted wedding cake route, go big or go home with an amazing naked wedding cake display:


Sometimes unfrosted cakes seem a bit messy with the frosting between layers having a mind of its own but here is a clean cut, unfrosted wedding cake decorated with berries & flowers.  A real winner in my eyes:



Naked wedding cakes have never looked so good!  Are you a fan?  More importantly, have you ever eaten cake frosting for dinner?  Please don't let me the only one.


Photo 1: via; Photo 2: via ; Photo 3: via; Photo 4: via; Photo 5: via  

4 comments:

  1. Oh that purple one is SO gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love naked wedding cakes...they're so unique looking! And I especially love the red velvet one...it's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're definitely not the only one! I love Miette's tomboy cake–it's naked, but super clean (to say nothing of delicious)!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Lovely! Your kind comments are most welcome & always appreciated. XOXO

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...