6.01.2011

Honeymoon: The End or The Beginning?



Boo hoo. Sniff, sniff. The time had come to bid good-bye to tropical Hawaii & return home to snowy New Jersey. Our incredible honeymoon was over.

I wasn't pleased to say the least. I pouted. I begged to stay. I wished I could rewind time & go back to the start of our honeymoon. Nothing RZ mentioned changed my state of mind. Beagle Bailey? He seemed to be having a ball with my sister & brother-in-law. Family & friends? I was sure they would love to visit us in Hawaii. Home sweet home? We could set up camp here easily.

"I'm so sad everything is over," I tried to explain. "The wedding, the honeymoon . . . done & done. It's sad."

RZ shook his head. "Nothing is over. We just got married, this is only the beginning."

He was right, of course. The leisurely, sunny days spent enjoying life with my new husband had caused me to lose sight of our truth. Our positive new beginning was as fresh & bright as the Hawaii sun!

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean! I was not sad when my wedding was over, but the end of our trip had that "done and done" feeling. I cried a little bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I'm not the only one! Now I can look back & realize that newlywed life is awesome & I shouldn't have been so sad about coming home. Hindsight!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Lovely! Your kind comments are most welcome & always appreciated. XOXO

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...